Concept Building Services are committed to helping the environment in which we live, and this commitment is shown by receiving gold status from the Supply Chain Sustainability School.
To earn this award, we have shown the following;
- Offices – initiatives have been implemented in all offices to promote conscious energy usage. This has been achieved through toolbox talks to educate employees and signage to raise awareness. The progress is monitored during quarterly office audits, where any actions are addressed, and appropriate improvements are made.
- Sites – audit documents have been amended to include on-site energy usage, promoting discussions with site teams and contractors surrounding energy consumption issues.
- Vehicles – promotion of car sharing and the use of public transport where applicable.
- Materials – encouragement of using local suppliers and ensuring accurate orders are placed to avoid unnecessary waste. Additionally, clients are encouraged to consider sustainable material resourcing and more environmentally friendly options such as LED lighting and solar panels.
- Waste – ensuring waste is appropriately segregated by waste stream to enable correct disposal and recycling. We are proud to have a 98% recycle rate on our waste last year.