The Driving Test Centre has had problems with damp on the ground floor, this was primarily due to the tarmac carpark being overlaid above the existing damp proof course to the building.
- Client: DVSA – Interserve
- Construction Dates: Jan – Mar 2019
- Location: Coventry, Bayton Road Industrial Estate
- Duration: 8 Weeks
- Sector: Private
The electrical team re-built switchrooms, rewired communal lighting and power, and installed new fire detection systems. Concept electricians also worked alongside UKPN to install new electrical supplies to five of the blocks. The new video entry system was fitted in conjunction with a Banham locking system.
Works also included repairs to the rooves – slates and lead were renewed, along with brick pointing. A 4-pane skylight was replaced with the assistance of abseilers.
Scope of WorksWorks include but not limited to:
- Provision of new kitchenette/welfare facilities
- Formation of new door openings to form g/f bike store and new access to kitchenette
- Provision of contemplation room & Wudu facilities with associated electrical & mechanical works
- Installation of new lighting throughout and modification of the existing fire alarm system
- Installation of new ventilation
- Installation of new gas fired heating boilers
- Replacement floor finishes
- Internal decoration. External Works
- Installation of a new Aco-drain system and gravel margin
- Isolated brickwork pointing
- Renewal of 1st floor kitchen window
- Guttering repairs