Full Time – Midhurst, West Sussex, England (Posted 27/06/2017 – Status: Open)
- To agree terms and conditions of subcontractors and incorporate within documentation to forward direct to subcontractor
- To coordinate and manage the selection of subcontractors (working closely with the Project Manager) for tender enquiries ensuring that a balanced range is chosen capable of delivering the required price, quality and duration
- To coordinate subcontractor tender responses and provide full comparisons of all quotes vs. the tender allowances, showing a best price, further negotiation to provide the best possible price and the buy-in of the operations team
- To place and coordinate the placement by others of subcontractor orders to an agreed set of terms and actively participate in engaging the subcontractor in the pre-contract handover with the operations team
- To produce or have produced valuation breakdowns in an agreed format to maximise cash flow and to keep the Accounts Department informed at all times
- To be responsible for chasing valuations, certificates, invoices and cash from clients to hit the required cash flow targets
- To ensure that all variations are produced and claimed, including other formal records for extra works and to maximise the evaluation of these
- To ensure that all appropriate Certificates of Practical and Partial Completion are timely collected and utilised in releasing retentions
- To present the final account as soon as possible after practical completion and present financial appraisals continually as the works progress always driving to maximise the rightful valuation of the works
- To coordinate and produce claims for accelerations, loss and expense as required for submission when required
- To own the project profitability whether involved directly or through a direct line report
- Take ownership for contractual issues that may arise both directly and through direct line reports
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience of quantity surveying
- Educated to Degree level, or equivalent experience
- Experience of both NEC3 and JCT forms of contract
- Experience of working on frameworks or producing estimates from the national schedule of rates (or similar) would be an advantage
- Excellent communicator both written and verbally
- Attention to detail
- Full confidence in accuracy of estimates/tenders produced
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Highly organised and efficient with proven time management skills
- Holder of a Full UK Drivers Licence
- Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
- Must be an excellent organiser with proven time management skills
- Must be flexible in hours of work and travel
Please note the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check and may have to undertake further checks for security clearances.
Apply for this position
Full Time – Midhurst, West Sussex, England (Posted 25/04/2017 – Status: Open)
Be the main point of contact for tender management/submission/analysis.
Manage current and future tenders methodically liaising with in-house and subcontractors.
Take commercial responsibility with regards to planning work load and resources.
Work closely with the Commercial Manager in forecasting company cash flow.
- Ideally minimum of 5yrs experience in tender and bid package environments with values ranging from £100k to £5m
- A broad knowledge of main contractor work packages (Mechanical, electrical & ventilation desirable)
- Main contracting background
- Able to carry out measurement, take offs and pricing in a variety of formats
- Working knowledge of building contracts (JCT / NEC3 desirable)
- The ability to manage multiple tenders concurrently
- Extremely strong maths and IT skills
- Have a practical approach when required
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Degree qualified (industry relevant degree) is desirable
- Member of professional body (CIOB or RICS)
- Valid CSCS card
- Keen desire to develop CPD
Apply for this position